Being able to take difficult situations in your stride is a crucial attribute for all consumer affairs professionals, particularly those working in dispute resolution or complaints handling.
The ability to build and maintain resilience is critical, with lack of bounce or rebound taking a toll on personal wellbeing resulting in diminished energy and enthusiasm for both work and personal life.
The work of complaint handling and dispute resolution can involve a high degree of emotional wear and tear. This is due to the emotional unpredictability of the complainants and the emotional and cognitive complexity of the work involved.
Recent advances in neuroscience and interpersonal neurobiology have given a far deeper understanding of the way interpersonally challenging work impacts our brain and the strategies we can use to best protect ourselves.
Key indicators that resilience is lacking in yourself or your team can be poor team morale or a dysfunctional team, decreased productivity, professional burnout, increased sick leave and absenteeism, or in a worst case scenario, increases in work related stress claims.
As a manager or team leader within your business, it is your responsibility to learn to build resilience in both self and others.
While individuals are responsible for their own health and wellbeing, a work environment where customer calls often escalate, or are just plain argumentative, can erode an individual’s ability to manage this independently and it therefore becomes a work, health and safety imperative
- Increased understanding of personal and professional resilience including a comprehensive framework for understanding resilience and applying strategies that build and maintain resilience
- Increased understanding of the relationship between stress, challenge, emotional intelligence and resilience
- Increased understanding of relevant human brain function and behaviour
Enhanced self care strategies to prevent resilience reduction, rebuild and maintain resilience including body and mindfulness based techniques
- Improved specific workplace strategies including preparing for the day, team self-care to enhance team resilience
- Enhanced individual skill based strategies focussing on cognitive strategies including mindset, perspective taking and attentional strategies
- Increased understanding of when and how to seek help
|Who Should Attend||Program Theme|
|This program is relevant for all training tiers, Rising Star,|
Intermediate, and Advanced
|Consumer Behaviour and Wellbeing|