This workshop combines elements of both effective dispute resolution skills for entrenched complaints and negotiation skills training, to enable you to learn in just one day how to resolve disputes and achieve lasting win/win outcomes for both the customer/consumer and your organisation.
The session is 100% interactive and attendees learn new concepts by actively participating in role plays, by practicing skills in small groups and through debriefing together.
- Learn a structured dispute resolution win/win process for resolving entrenched complaints,
- Acquire tools to effectively negotiate in the complaints environment,
- Cultivate communication skills to improve customer relationships and help you deal with even the most challenging conflict situations,
- Improve your personal approach to conflict and understand why you respond in certain ways, and
- Learn to effectively and quickly resolve customer complaints by focusing on what is at the heart of the issue.
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, complaints handlers, customer relations officers and others who are called upon to resolve disputes with customers. An ideal negotiation skills refresher or a “taste tester” for those considering embarking on a career in mediation and dispute resolution including undertaking a 5 day mediation course to become an accredited mediator.
What attendees have said
“Excellent summary of dispute resolution process, including tips, techniques and anecdotes to cement the process framework.“Kirstie Harman, Department of Human Services (Canberra)
“Eye opener into the inner workings into successful complaints handling. Objectively, personably and professionally beneficial” Metanah Whitehead, Office of Fair Trading
“Finding a path to resolution that recognizes the person and encourages the development of positive relationships once the dispute is over” Jessica Hunter, Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Nicole Cullen BA, LLB, Cullaborate
Nicole has a strong interest in early and effective complaints handling and communication based on many years of professional experience resolving escalated complaints. Nicole is a highly qualified and experienced trainer and facilitator of complaints handling workshops including clear communication training.