Being able to take difficult situations in your stride is a crucial attribute for all consumer affairs professionals, particularly those working in dispute resolution or complaints handling. The ability to build and maintain resilience is critical, with lack of “bounce” taking a toll on personal well-being resulting in diminished energy and enthusiasm for both work and personal life.
Key indicators that resilience is lacking in yourself or your team can be poor team morale or a dysfunctional team, decreased productivity, professional burnout, increased sick leave and absenteeism, or in a worst case scenario, increases in work related stress claims.
As a manager or team leader within your business, it is your responsibility to learn to build resilience in both yourself and others. While individuals are clearly responsible for their own health and wellbeing, a work environment where customer calls often escalate, or are just plain argumentative, can erode an individual’s ability to manage this independently and it therefore becomes a work, health and safety imperative.
You will learn:
- Enhanced self-leadership skills
- Improved strategies to strengthen your own resilience and prevent burnout
- An understanding of ways to protect your wellbeing from the stressors in your professional life
- Strategies for staying positive and for disengaging from negative interactions in the workplace
- A model of self-care that can support a professionally satisfying and sustainable work style
- Comprehensive strategies for building resilience in teams and workplaces
|Who Should Attend||Program Theme|
|This program is relevant for all training tiers, Rising Star,|
Intermediate, and Advanced
|Consumer Behaviour and Wellbeing|