SOCAP Australia and Lifeline present this course in partnership to help complaint handlers, managers and other consumer affairs professionals to recognise, respond and refer when working with someone, or dealing with a consumer who has a mental health issue and check their safety.
As a complaint handler you will also learn how to identify individuals who are at risk of self-harm, tools and techniques to diffuse difficult situations and how to tend to the needs of consumers with mental health issues.
- Recognise what is Mental Illness?
- Impact and prevalence of mental illness in Australia and how this affects consumers
- Mental health and the consumer experience
- The impact on complaint handlers and frontline customer service staff in dealing with complaints and threats of self-harm from consumers
- Treatments for mental illness
- Appropriate referrals and how to make a referral
- Interacting with peers and consumers with mental illness
- Appropriate language and terminology
- How to listen and provide support
- Active listening skills
- Summarizing skills
- Open and Closed Questioning skills
- Check safety, including asking about suicide
- Tips and tools for self-care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All complaint handlers, customer care team member, customer service agents, team managers and supervisors.
2016 dates to be advised. Check the website regularly for updates.
Members (three or more from one company) $620 per person.
Members $690 per person
Non-member $800 per person
Call 02 8095 6429 for more information
Can’t make the dates, no problem – we can come to you
Our training courses and workshops are available to be conducted in-house, on your site, at a date that is convenient for your entire team. Ask us for a tailored proposal for your team’s training.